Off track garage doors are usually a problem homeowners face with an automatic garage door. Yes, garage doors make our lives convenient and easy. However, when these doors face problems, it can truly be a burden to us.
Off track doors must be addressed immediately so that your garage door will not be damaged any further. Also, it is important that you identify the root of the problem immediately so that you will know how to deal with the damage. And so that you will not be harmed by your garage door.
Luckily, we have prepared in here the steps that you must do with an off track garage door so that you can address this concern immediately.
Step 1: Stop the Operation
You will immediately notice when something is wrong with your garage door. Now, the best thing that you must do is to stop the operation. Doing this can help you save your garage door from being damaged further and can help you save repair costs.
You must disengage your garage door opener immediately and figure out which part of your door is the problem. If you do not know how to disconnect your garage door opener, Direct Service Overhead Garage Door Company can help you.
Step 2: Identify the Problem
Once you have disconnected your garage door opener, you can now open your garage door manually. You must know that there are a lot of reasons why you are having an off track garage door and these are as follows:
- Loose tracks – check if your tracks are anchored properly in your garage wall.
- Damaged or dented tracks – dented tracks can push the garage door off the track or unhinged the garage door.
- Tracks misalignment – the rollers of your garage doors might be misaligned causing your tracks to misalign too.
- Inspect the rollers – common cause of off track garage doors is a dirty or greasy rollers. So, make sure to check these once in a while and clean it to avoid problems.
- Loose parts – check for the hinges, bolts, or screws of your garage door because any loose part can affect your garage door’s function.
Once you have finished checking every part of your garage door and have addressed the concerns already, you garage door is now ready and can function properly. However, if you are not confident in your skills, then do not worry because Direct Service Overhead Garage Door Company is ready to help anytime. Just message us and surely, we will bring you the best team that we have.
Having troubles in Matching Your Front Entry Door To Your Garage Door?